Mosque Management Board to run the affairs of the Abuja National Mosque complex. The board which is made up of a Chairman, Members representing the six geo-political zones of the federation, The FCT and other professional bodies, replaced the executive committee chaired by late Maj. Gen. Shehu Musa Yar’Adua.
The board was formally inaugurated by His Eminence, Alh.(Dr) Ibrahim Dasuki, the 18th Sultan of Sokoto and President-General of the Nigerian Supreme Council for Islamic Affairs on 12th April, 1992. Presently, the Abuja National Mosque management Board is under the Chairmanship of His Royal Highness, Alh. Dr. Yahaya Abubakar, CFR, Etsu Nupe.
The Board has four Standing Committees:
- Finance & General Purpose Committee (F&GPC)
- Technical & Maintenance Committee (T&MC)
- Establishment Committee (EC)
- Religious Affairs Committee (RAC)
Administration and Management
The Abuja National Mosque operates as a faith-based Non-governmental organization for the following functions/activities:
- Conducting five daily prayers including Jumu’at prayers on Fridays
- Preachings, Seminars, Workshops, etc
- Co-ordinating special prayers on special activities for the nation, organizations, etc
- Annual Ramadhan lectures and Tafsir (Translation of the Glorious Qur’an)
- Serving as a center of unity for Islamic propagation
- Offering Fatawah services (guidiance on Islam)
- Offering funeral prayers
- Conducting marriage ceremonies
- Offering Islamic guidiance and counseling
The executive management committee is responsible for the day-to-day running of the mosque under the Executive Secretary as Chairman. It has two departments – Administration & Finance and Religious Affairs, each headed by a Director.
The Chief Imam is also the Director, Religious Affairs. The Mosque depends on donations, charity and Zakkat from individuals and organizations